Do you support Women Against Prostate Cancer? Try hosting a fundraiser in your community to raise awareness! Below are a few ideas to get you started.
- Decorate a jar with blue ribbons or the WAPC mission statement and logo. Ask a local market, café or buisness near you for permission to sit the jar at their register. Try even setting up the jar at your work desk or building security desk.
- Host an “after work” networking event/ happy hour. Provide prostate cancer information or have a brief presentation on the topic of prostate cancer and the importance of early detection.
- Forget–me –knots. Tie a blue bow on a potential donors’ finger if they commit to donating. With the ribbon on their finger it will be hard for them to forget!
- Have a bake sale with blue decorations or the prostate cancer blue ribbon.
- Host an open-mic night at your favorite bar, cafe, or night club and charge a small cover fee. Encourage patients or caregivers to share their experience through poetry, song, or spoken word.
- Host a car wash and wear your blue!
- Host a tournament. Choose your favorite activity: basketball, chess, bingo, you name it. Require participants to donate a set amount, with a prize going to the winner and the rest, donate to WAPC.
- Social Media Support. Support us on your social media pages! Something as simple as mentioning someone in your status or a retweet can make a difference. Let all of your friends know about our cause. Post the link to our webpage for donations on your page and urge your friends to donate!
- Blue Auction. Host an auction with items donated from local businesses or offer services such as mowing someone’s lawn or taking them out for a night in your city!
The possibilities are endless, and the proceeds will help Women Against Prostate Cancer reach more caregivers with support resources. If you need help along the way, we are here to help, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good Luck!