Women Against Prostate Cancer is currently seeking interns for Spring / Summer 2014!
In the fight against prostate cancer, (WAPC) is looking for passionate, fearless, and self-driven individuals who want to make a difference for a good cause.
COMMUNICATIONS AND PROGRAM INTERN
Women Against Prostate Cancer (WAPC) is an established nonprofit organization whose mission is to unite the voices and provide support for the millions of women affected by their loved one’s prostate cancer. WAPC advocates prostate cancer education, public awareness, screenings, legislation, and treatment options.
WAPC is seeking a communications and program intern. The Communications and Program Internship will offer experience in nonprofit communications, community outreach, volunteer relations, chapter development, and event planning.
This position will serve as a key member of the WAPC team working closely with the Communications Coordinator and volunteers of WAPC. Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Utilize social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook to raise awareness and cultivate new volunteers, donors, supporters and partners
• Track prostate cancer events, regulations and medical developments
• Assist in cultivating new partnerships with outside organizations
• Assist in planning and conducting outreach for fundraising initiatives
• Research content for WAPConnect Newsletter
• Assist with preparing for the WAPC Advocacy Day for 2013
Applicants must demonstrate attention to detail, as well as, possess talent and ability to organize, plan, manage and follow-through with responsibilities. Creativity, a sense of humor and reliability are essential. Computer skills needed: Social media, Microsoft applications Word and Excel mandatory, Access, Publisher, and Internet research experience helpful.
One semester per intern or other agreed upon timeframe. We will work with candidate to develop a schedule which meets your program requirements.
WAPC does not offer compensation for internships. Credit hours will be allocated according to University standards.
* Passion for public health issues and the Mission of WAPC
* Excellent writing, research and communication skills
* Experience in fundraising and event planning helpful
* Currently enrolled as an Undergraduate student
* Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments simultaneously
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Internet and e-mail
* Proficiency in social media outlets (ie. Twitter, Facebook)
If interested please send your resume and cover letter to Imani Lester at email@example.com.